Welcome to the new home of Plan-G.
We are endeavouring to bring the old forum data across to the new one, but you will need to re-register here.
Old forum archive: https://plan-g.app/oldforum/index.php

v4 did not start

georg

v4 did not start

Post by georg »

Hi there, I have been using Plan-G v4 since the 4.0 beta and I am very satisfied. Now I wanted to update to 4.2.3.288, but the program closes immediately after the start screen. The log file says:
08:11:15.6 Starting Plan-Gv4 build 4.2.3.288
08:11:15.6 OS is Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7600.0
08:11:15.6 Plan-G Files folder is: C:\Users\georg\Documents\Plan-Gv4 Files
08:11:15.6 CheckCreateDatabase: C:\Users\georg\Documents\Plan-Gv4 Files\Data
08:11:16.7 Logbook schema is out of date. Archiving current database.
08:11:16.7 CheckCreateDatabase: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Plan_G.Data.Logbook' threw an exception.
---> System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.FileSystem.MoveFile(String sourceFullPath, String destFullPath, Boolean overwrite)
at System.IO.File.Move(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
at System.IO.File.Move(String sourceFileName, String destFileName)
at Plan_G.Data.Logbook.BackupDatabase(String theDB) in C:\Users\Tim\source\repos\plan-g\Data\Logbook.cs:line 115
at Plan_G.Data.Logbook..cctor() in C:\Users\Tim\source\repos\plan-g\Data\Logbook.cs:line 52
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Plan_G.Data.Logbook.SchemaCheck() in C:\Users\Tim\source\repos\plan-g\Data\Logbook.cs:line 86
at Plan_G.Data.FSData.CheckCreateDatabase() in C:\Users\Tim\source\repos\plan-g\Data\FSData.cs:line 4881
08:11:16.7 Initializing main window

öhm, I do not have a folder ...\Users\Tim posting.php?mode=post&f=5#

When I look into my windows events, I found 2 Error:
Application Error (0xe0434352 with error module KERNALBASE.dll)
and, maybe more importend
.NET Runtime (V 7.0.5 - see attachted file)
because of the error msg, I installed .net 7.0.5 new. But nothing changed.

Interestingly, the old v4 beta is still running fine. I wouldn't want to do without my Plan-G under any circumstances, but I would also like to have a new version from time to time. What else can I do?
Kind regards
Georg
Attachments
Application Plan-G.exe.txt
(5.06 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
Tim
Site Admin

Re: v4 did not start

Post by Tim »

At some point the database format of the logbook changed (I don't remember when it was, but it was some time ago, during the beta). If Plan-G sees the logbook is in the old format, it tries to update it. This is what's failing (it's actually a bug in the mysql database engine).

Code: Select all

08:11:16.7 Logbook schema is out of date. Archiving current database.
08:11:16.7 CheckCreateDatabase: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Plan_G.Data.Logbook' threw an exception.
---> System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
The remedy at the moment is to delete (ie move it to a different folder) your logbook database and restart Plan-G (current version). There is no way to export/import your logbook data at this time, other than what the program is trying to do. Mostly because the change happened before the program was released, and so nobody using a release version should see the problem.

Actually, if you are upgrading from the beta, I'd recommend deleting the whole Data folder and letting it build fresh databases.

The logbook file is in C:\Users\georg\Documents\Plan-Gv4 Files\Data
georg

Re: v4 did not start

Post by georg »

Great, that was it.
I don't care to much about the logbook. I don't have
so much aircraft.

Thank's a lot.
Georg